12 Facts You May Not Have Known About The Legion of Super-Heroes
Everyone loves comic book trivia, but with decades of comics behind, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in comics in our continuing video series. You think you know comics? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at those teenagers from the future, the Legion of Super-Heroes! Introduced originally as a trio of heroes in a Superboy story, soon the Legion would expand its ranks to include an almost risible number of members, who would soon gather an even larger legion of fans. However, given their long history full of multiple continuity reboots, it can be hard to keep the Legion's story straight. Have no fear; this video is here to lay out the history of the team from their introduction through their reboot and three-boot and retro-boot, with a few other facts along the way. Love live the Legion!
- You can pre-order an omnibus of Silver Age Legion stories here.
- You can pre-order a collection of Bronze Age Legion stories here.
- You can buy the classic story "The Great Darkness Saga" here, and its follow-up story "The Curse" here.
- You can get the excellent "Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes" here.
- If you want to check out what the Legion was up to in the New 52, digital collections are available starting here.
- Various issues of the original series are available digitally here; the 1984 series is here; the Five Years Later/reboot series is here; (some of) the threeboot Legion series is here; the retroboot Legion series is here; Legion of 3 Worlds is here.
Watch more installments of You Think You Know Comics? below and let us know what comic book characters we should cover next!