The Top Five Spooky Comics Alliance ‘Top Five’ Videos
If there's one thing we've learned from our years on the Internet, it's that there's no aspect of comics that can't be broken down and quantified in a single definitive list, preferably in amounts of five or ten. And since there's no more definitive authority than ComicsAlliance, we're taking it upon ourselves to compile lists of everything you could ever want to know about comics.
All month long, we've been devoting our lists to spoooooky topics, from great horror stories to scary villains and the greatest stories about a certain fanged count. So today, with Halloween finally upon us, we've put them all together for your trick-or-treating enjoyment!
- The Joker's scariest moment (for my money, at least) can be found in Gotham Central.
- Find out all about the Crooked Man in Hellboy (which you are probably already reading).
- James Gordon Jr. creeps things up in the pages of Batman: The Black Mirror.
- If you have an eye thing, a teeth thing, or both, it's best to avoid The Sandman v.2.
- Swamp Thing is going to creep you out.
- Sadly, the comics adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula is long out of print, but the original four issues aren't hard to find in your local dollar box or quarter bin.
- The Montesi Formula is also out of print in paperback, but is significantly easier to find.
- Someone put the Dell Monster Comics back in print, we are begging you.
- Go read Christopher Hastings' Dr. McNinja: Punch Dracula right now.
- Captain Britain and MI-13: Vampire State is... also out of print? WHO HAS CURSED THESE DRACULA COMICS?!
- Union Jack III, Joey Chapman, makes his debut in Roger Stern and John Byrne's Captain America: War and Remembrance, featuring one of the best Halloween-ish stories of all time. Check it out for Baron Blood, de-cap-itation, and even an appearance by Dracula.
- For more of CA's thoughts on Blade, check out our in-depth reviews of all three Blade movies.
- Jason Aaron's Ghost Rider run is a must-read.
- Elsa Bloodstone is love. Nextwave is life.
- Read all about Robot Dracula in the pages of Tom Scioli's Final Frontier! There's also a minicomics-style print version if you ever run into him at a con.
- When Cartilage Head shows up, Achewood gets weird.
- If you haven't already read it, I cannot say enough good things about Paul Grist's Jack Staff. I wasn't kidding when I said it's my favorite superhero comic ever.
- If you're interested in Judge Death -- and who isn't! -- start here or grab digital versions from 2000ADonline.com!
- Jei appears in a lot of Usagi Yojimbo stories, but the best one to grab as a new reader is probably the Eisner award-winning Grasscutter.
- "The Ghost In The Fortress Of Solitude" (which actually has a SPACE MUMMY in it) can be found in Action Comics #13 or in Action Comics v.3.
- "The Remote Controller" is in Gotham Adventures #32. We really need to get some omnibus reprints of these books!
- Read Afterlife With Archie #6! It's scaaaaary!
- "Dark Knight, Dark City" is available digitally and in paperback!
- "The Wolves Of St. August" is arguably the best Hellboy short story, and if you don't have The Chained Coffin And Others, what are you even doing.