The Top Five Worst Superhero Teams In Comics
If there's one thing we've learned from our years on the Internet, it's that there's no aspect of comics that can't be broken down and quantified in a single definitive list, preferably in amounts of five or ten. And since there's no more definitive authority than ComicsAlliance, we're taking it upon ourselves to compile lists of everything you could ever want to know about comics.
This week, we're talking about superhero teams, and while everybody these days loves the Avengers and, shockingly, the Guardians of the Galaxy, that doesn't mean that they're all winners. That's why we're taking on five of the worst teams in comics, from the weird but secretly awesome all the way down to the absolute dregs!
- Marvel actually reprinted The Champions a while back, and it's absolutely worth reading.
- I wrote about the New Blackhawk Era allllll the way back in those early comics blogging days of 2006, if you're curious.
- Force Works was, incidentally, part of the basis for the 1990s Marvel Action Hour Iron Man cartoon.
- Extreme Justice is as bad as you'd think, but writer Dan Vado would go on to found Slave Labor Graphics, one of the most prominent indie/artcomix publishers of the decade.
- Find out more about why The New Guardians are Nobody's Favorites. Except Snowflame, the supervillain who worships cocaine. Everyone rightfully loves that dude.