Comics Alliance Presents Here’s The Thing Episode 3: Chris And Caleb Talk Tokusatsu
Subscribe to ComicsAlliance on
If our weekly Ask Chris column isn’t enough of definitive comic book (and pro wrestling) opinions for you, good news: ComicsAlliance is proud to present Here’s The Thing, a series of videos where you can join our own extremely opinionated senior writer, Chris Sims, as he sits in his living room under a framed portrait of Destro, drinking a cup of coffee and sharing his opinion on comic books.
This week, Chris has gone to Portland, Oregon for a discussion of tokusatsu with ComicsAlliance Senior Editor Caleb Goellner! In a 20-minute conversation, they explain why they’re fans of the Japanese live-action supehero genre, what their favorite Power Rangers knockoffs were, and give curious viewers a place to start if they’re interested in learning more about super sentai and Kamen Rider.
- Yes, as one viewer pointed out already, Caleb is dressed exactly like the Red Ranger from Power Rangers Megaforce. I assume this was not on purpose, but you never know.
- Chris and Caleb’s “Spider-Man Japan” reviews of Toei’s Supaidaman.
- Watch Supaidaman yourself for free at Marvel.com!
- Tattoed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills is on DVD for $10. That’s literally 25 cents per episode.
- You can watch Big Bad Beetleborgs on Netflix for… some… reason?
- Find out more about the Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog.