‘Edge Of Spider-Verse’ Solicits Tease Spider-Man Noir And Two New Spider-Types
One of the things I love most about Spider-Man (and let me tell you, there’s a lot I love about Spider-Man) is how adaptable the character is to different situations, settings, and even different characters taking on the role.
Amazing Spider-Man writer Dan Slott and an assembled team of writers and artists are picking up that ball and running with it in the upcoming “Spider-Verse” event, and they’re getting a little bit of a head start with what they’re calling “Edge of Spider-Verse,” a series of one-issue stories that introduce readers to the various iterations of Spider Men and Women. Marvel has released solicitations for the first three issues of the five-issue series, which feature Spider-Man Noir, a new spin on Spider-Woman, and a futuristic Spider-Man who wears a helmet (and who probably isn’t from 2099).
Edge of Spider-Verse #1
• SPIDER-MAN NOIR RETURNS!
• The Peter Parker of the 1930’s finds himself not only up against Mysterio, but knee-deep in the Spider-Man event of 2014!
Written by DAVID HINE & FABRICE SAPOLSKY
Art & Cover by RICHARD ISANOVE
Edge of Spider-Verse #2
• GWEN STACY: SPIDER-WOMAN!
• In one universe, it wasn’t Peter Parker bitten by the radioactive Spider, but Gwen Stacy!
• She’s smart, charming and can lift a car– Just don’t tell her Police Chief father!
• How is she involved in Spider-Verse? Seeds of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #9 are planted here!
Written by JASON LATOUR
Pencils & Cover by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
Edge of Spider-Verse #3
• What is the secret of Dr. Aaron Aikman, Spider-Man?!
• Who are the villainous Red Eye and Naahmurah? And can Aaron possibly live through Morlun’s arrival?
• Rising star Dustin Weaver (AVENGERS, INFINITY, SHIELD) makes his Marvel Comics writing debut in the most wildly imaginative story of the year!
Written by DUSTIN WEAVER
Pencils & Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER
Those three issues come out in September. Marvel has also release some information about issues 4 and 5, which hit in October. Issue 4 is a story by horror writer Clay McLeod Chapman and artist Garry Brown, which promises to “take you to a universe where a radioactive spider bites a high school science nerd who is already something of a monster.” Issue 5 is written by Umbrella Academy‘s Gerard Way and features art by Jake Wyatt. It asks the question, “Who or what is SP//dr?”
Looks like this is going to be fun.