Zombies, Aliens, And Magician Murder Take Center Stage In ‘2000 AD’ #1950 [Preview]
It was only a few days ago that we brought you the news that Chris Burnham would be providing an extremely violent cover for 2000 AD prog 1950, but there was another piece of the story that you might have missed on account of being distracted by Judge Dredd blowing people's fingers off right there on the cover. Every now and then, 2000 AD will take the opportunity to give readers a new jumping on point, and when #1950 hits shelves on September 30, it will have four brand-new stories.
The lead, of course, is Judge Dredd and a story about serial killers that features the return of notorious murderer (and former Mega City mayor) PJ Maybe, but the big news might just be the first new Bad Company story in over a decade, from Peter Milligan, Rufus Dayglo, Jim McCarthy, and Simon Bowland. Check out a preview of all four stories below!
Judge Dredd: Serial Serial by John Wagner, Colin MacNeil, Chris Blythe, and Annie Parkhouse:
Defoe: The London Hanged by Pat Mills, Leigh Gallagher, and Annie Parkhouse:
Bad Company: First Casualties by Peter Milligan, Rufus Dayglo, Jim McCarthy, and Simon Bowland:
And here's some additional info from Tharg and his robots, sent from the far-off future of the 21st Century:
Out on 30 September, 2000 AD Prog 1950 is ideal for new readers or those looking to return to the fold. This issue's highlights include:
- New cover by hit US artist Chris Burnham (Batman Incorporated)
- The return of John Wagner and Colin MacNeil to Judge Dredd
- Brand new Bad Company series by Peter Milligan, with Rufus Dayglo and original inker Jim McCarthy - dedicated to the series' original penciller, the late Brett Ewins
- Incredible B&W horror artwork from Leigh Gallagher on Pat Mills' Defoe
- Return of critically-acclaimed Brass Sun by Ian Edginton and INJ Culbard.